- Interior window shutters have long been a traditional and beautiful addition to any home and are also considered an investment that will add lasting value to a home.
- Shutters create an attractive, yet functional solution for any room.
- Shutters can control heat, noise and privacy. These products offer excellent light control and provide superior ultraviolet protection.
- The timeless elegance of shutters adds an enduring touch to traditional, contemporary, city or country surroundings.
- Most shutters are offered in multiple configurations to cover all types of windows including bow, bay, French doors, patio doors and specialty shapes.
- Most shutters offer varying louver sizes and front tilt or hidden tilt bars for unobstructed views.
- Shutters are offered in different materials consisting of real wood, polysatin or vinyl and alternative wood or faux-wood.
- Shutters can be installed inside mount or outside mount depending on the window molding and sill construction.
- If you are considering shutters, always think about opening the shutter doors and whether or not any obstructions exist. For example, a kitchen faucet can be an obstacle to opening a shutter installed behind a kitchen sink.
- Capturing the natural beauty of real wood, our shutters are constructed from premium hardwood and feature the centuries-old craft tradition of fine dovetail joinery combined with an innovative multiple-coat finish.
- Real wood shutters are most similar to fine furniture and offer the most selection in wood finishes.
- While shutters are a great solution for any room in the home, areas that have warm temperatures or where humidity may be a concern for hardwood products, you may want to consider alternative–wood or polysatin shutters.
- Polysatin offers an enduring, custom-crafted, classic style, and a solution ideal for windows exposed to high heat, humidity and other extreme climate conditions.
- Polysatin shutters are made of specially formulated ultraviolet resistant poly-satin compounds, are guaranteed never to warp, fade, chip or peel, regardless of high heat or other extreme climate conditions.
- Polysatin shutters are offered in varying shades of white resembling a painted wood shutter.
- These shutters are a good choice for bathrooms, kitchens, pool and sauna areas or areas such as kids’ rooms that may require frequent cleaning!
Alternative Wood Shutters
- The alternative or faux-wood shutters are made from engineered materials that offer an affordable luxury alternative to a custom wood shutter and are offered in various colors.
- Marking an evolutionary trend in shutters, these hybrid shutters combine the great style of wood with the strength, stability and straightness of advanced modern day materials.